I have been practicing yoga since 1978 and became a certified instructor in 2003. Yoga has been a large part of my life and my healing. I would like to share some facts about this practice.
- The medical research concerning yoga and health is overwhelming .
- Yoga has nothing to do with religion. It is a philosophy of balance and the union of the mind /body and a set of physical poses.
- Yoga makes our muscles flexible and our joints feel free.
- Yoga can increase our balance.
- Yoga should never hurt you just feel the stretch.
If you have ever been to a yoga class you may find this class very different. Everyone works at their own level some of the yogi’s have been with me for five years and we always have some new people. The class lasts 50 minutes and my intention is that you are relaxed both mind and body. So we do about 30 minutes and of stretching for the body and then 20 minutes of a guided meditation to relax the mind.