How do I know if I can be hypnotized?
- Do you ever daydream or allow your mind to wander for a few moments?
- Have you ever been startled or surprised by someone?
- Have you ever been driving or riding in a car and suddenly are surprised that you are farther than you thought you were?
- Do you consider yourself a positive person?
- When reading or watching TV or a movie do you ever get involved in the story and lose track of time, get tears in your eyes at a sad part or jump at a scary part?
- Do you remember your dreams?
- Are you able to feel emotions?
- Close your eyes for a moment, can you see and imagine an apple?
- Do you enjoy relaxing when you have time?
- Do you want to make a personal change and reach your goal?
If you answered YES more often than NO, you can be hypnotized.
- During hypnosis we are open to suggestions but you cannot be made to do something that you don’t want to do.
- Hetero-hypnosis is when you are hypnotized by someone else and there is also self-hypnosis. There is a saying that all hypnosis is self-hypnosis, the reason for this is you cannot be hypnotized if you are afraid or not willing to be hypnotized.
- Hypnosis is not sleep. During sleep it is the Delta brain waves are active and during active awake times it is the Beta brain waves. During hypnosis the Alpha to Theta brain waves are active.Some examples of the alpha theta brains waves would be when we are daydreaming or meditating.
- You are not unconscious or out of control, most clients can remember 99-100% of a session.
- You cannot become stuck in hypnosis. You are in control when you enter a hypnotic trance and when you emerge from this trance.
- You will not tell any secrets. You are aware of everything while hypnotized, you will hear every word. Your job is to relax. This is a time for you to just be free to not think, be responsible or do anything at all. Hypnosis is not a truth serum.
- Almost everybody can be hypnotized. An experienced hypnotist can direct most anyone into trance if you want to be hypnotized.
Contact Jane at email@example.com or call 608- 697-4457